Home Buyer & Seller Tips To Get Ready!
Are you ready to buy or sell a home? Considering a move in the future? Here are a few things that you as a home buyer and home seller can focus on in order to get ready to hit the market!
The number ONE thing to do is, of course contact me! : ) We can work together to create a more in-depth plan for all of the items mentioned below. The best part is, all home buyer and home seller consultations are free, no cost, no obligations, and no worries! In this post we will review a few tips to help home buyers and home sellers achieve their real estate goals with the best results possible.
Let’s start with getting home buyers ready to purchase their next home. As a home buyer you want to make sure you are in the best position possible, when the time comes to make an offer on the home you love. That is why it is best to plan ahead and work on a few things prior to hitting the market to view homes.
Home Buyer Tips:
- The first and most important thing to do when considering to buy a home is to start the loan pre-qualification / pre-approval process with a reputable lender. Making sure you speak with atleast a couple lenders to ensure you have a great experience is critical. As you want to get the best deal on financing, while avoiding any potential issues throughout the process. The loan pre-approval process is also no cost or obligation. This will simply help you get an idea of what purchase price and monthly payments you are comfortable with. This will also help you identify any items that can increase your qualifications, while reviewing any items that could be effecting you negatively. This will assist you in choosing the best loan program and down payment options that fit your needs. From conventional financing to 0% down options, there are multiple programs to fit your specific situation. Just like when choosing a Realtor, it is critical to choose a lender that offers competitive rates and quality service.
- Identifying what you would like in your next home. There are many different options and it can quickly become overwhelming. After knowing your price range, the next thing to consider is location, size, and what amenities you would like your home to have. Options such as new builds, resale, size, layout, and other specific criteria should be considered. Creating a “must have list” and a “wants list” are always a good idea to help you narrow down these options. This will also help prevent you from viewing any homes that you are not interested in.
- Review the market and your time frame; see what is available within your specific price range, location, and that meets most or all of your needs and wants. It is also important to know what time frame you would like to buy within. As some buyers may be finishing up a lease and need more time and others may need to sell a home in order to purchase another one. There are many other common scenarios as well, which can be accommodated by a knowledgeable real estate agent. For example; you may see a home online that offers everything you want, next you’re ready to view the home in person to see if it truly lives up to the photos. Which you have your price range already in mind, financing arranged, and ideal move in time frame set, so you don’t miss out on the home you fall in love with.
Now that we have reviewed a few things that home buyers will need to focus on. Here are a few things that home sellers can focus on in order to get their home ready to hit the market and SOLD!
Home Seller Tips:
- First and most important, we want to start by determining your home’s value and an estimate of your net proceeds. This includes all closing costs such as your current mortgage payoff amount, along with any other applicable fees such as; title/escrow, HOA, commissions, and property taxes etc. Once this is determined then you can decide if selling your home is beneficial to you and your reason for selling. For example; If you are looking to upgrade or downsize, you will want to make sure that you are able to do so, especially if that decision is based on how much you will make on the sale of your current home.
- Make a plan for your next home, you will want to have a plan in place ahead of time for when your home is sold. Will you be purchasing another home, renting, or moving out of state? This is important to know, as you will need to coordinate each of these options and time frames differently when selling. As you do not want to get under contract with a buyer and not have your next home ready.
- Preparing your home for the market. This is critical once you have decided you are ready to sell your home. It is a great idea to get your home “photo ready” and also complete any unfinished projects if possible. This along with any de-cluttering, and cleaning can go along way. It is important to make sure when photos are taken that the home is presented in the best way possible. As most home buyers will see these photos online before even deciding to view homes in person. We want to attract home buyers to the home by highlighting all that the home has to offer and make sure it’s as picture perfect as possible.
Once these areas have been completed you are almost ready to hit the market! Almost.. BUT WAIT! Before you do, please make sure you have a great Realtor to guide you through the transaction… not just any Realtor! Blindly selecting a real estate agent can lead to a bad experience, missing out on a good deal, or even wasting your time and money during the process. Feel free to interview Realtors to find the one that best fits your needs! As there are many Realtors within Arizona, literally thousands just in Maricopa county alone. You want to find an agent that you are comfortable with, who is knowledgeable, experienced, and who can add value to your home purchase and/or the sale of your home. I encourage you to ask questions and do your due diligence to make sure you start off in the right direction.
I hope you have found these tips helpful. As I know it may seem like a lot at first. However I can assure you the more specific you are with these items, the less likely you are to have a bad experience. As mentioned I am always here to help. If needed, I have lender contacts and other amazing resources and information that I am always open to sharing.
Contact me if you have any questions or would like further guidance through the home buying or selling process.